LECTURER: AFRICAN LANGUAGES AND LITERATURES
SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES AND LITERATURES
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
The African Languages and Literatures Section of the School of Languages and Literatures invite applications for the above position, for appointment as soon as possible.
- A Master’s degree (progress towards a PhD would be a recommendation)
- Experience in teaching isiXhosa to 2nd language speakers (at tertiary level would be a strong recommendation)
- An active research interest in the field
- A background in Linguistics would be a recommendation
- Strong administrative skills
- Proficiency in English
- Teaching isiXhosa as a 2nd language from beginners to advanced level in occupation-specific areas
- Engagement in research and the publication of the results of such research
- Administration of programmes and courses
- Materials development
The annual remuneration package, including benefits, is R372 918 (to be revised from 1 January 2011).
To apply, please e-mail the completed UCT Application form and all other relevant documentation as indicated on the form, to Mrs. Charlotte Snyders, Staff Recruitment and Selection, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, 7700.
E-mail: email@example.com; Telephone: +27 21 650 2192
Faculty website: www.humanities.uct.ac.za
The application form can also be downloaded at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Reference number for this post: SR062/11
Closing date for applications: 25 February 2011
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://hr.uct.ac.za/policies/ee.php